The British Government is an inclusive and diversity-friendly employer. We value difference, promote equality and challenge discrimination, enhancing our organisational capability. We welcome and encourage applications from people of all backgrounds. We do not discriminate on the basis of disability, race, colour, ethnicity, gender, religion, sexual orientation, age, veteran status or other category protected by law. We promote family-friendly flexible working opportunities, where operational and security needs allow.
We are recruiting to fill the vacant position below:
Job Title: TWG Stores Assistant
Ref Id: 9/19 ABJ
Type of Position: Fixed Term
Start Date: 1st May, 2019
Duration of Post: 12 months
Job Subcategory: Estates
Job Category: Foreign and Commonwealth Office (Operations and Corporate Services)
Main Purpose of Job
- To assist in maintaining the TWG stores in accordance with the Nigeria Network Stores policy and best practice. Keep accurate records of all incoming and outgoing items from the TWG Store.
- Allocate materials to the technicians and receive and store all newly procured items for the TWG store.
Roles and Responsibilities
- Check delivery of goods from suppliers against delivery notes.
- Carry out daily reconciliations of store bin cards electronically
- Wrap/pack goods. Deliver to couriers when required.
- Ensure all stock delivered to the store is labelled and placed in the correct location.
- Carry out random stock check/validation on individual items as well as assisting with major stock checks
- Request for replenishment of stock before items are used up (regularly monitoring minimum reorder quantity)
- Receive local deliveries and collections as and when required.
- Prepare building kits, equipment, and stock for forthcoming jobs.
- Check-In and Prepare Equipment for Maintenance and Repair
- Ensure equipment received for maintenance and repair, is cleaned, labelled and put in the appropriate area.
- Ensure that the store and work areas (including storage containers) are kept clean and tidy and complies with health and safety regulations.
- Ensure that tools/equipment are kept in good condition i.e. forklift, palletizer, small hand tools, drill, winch etc.
- Identify and record obsolete items
- Relocate and re-stack goods to make space for a new deliveries
- Keeping records (electronic) of goods, their location and quantity
- Ensure proper accounting and periodic reporting of stock items and their financial value
Essential Qualifications, Skills and Experience
- Proficient in the use of English language (writing, speaking, listening and reading)
- Computer literate – Good in use of Word, Outlook (email) and Excel packages
- Ability to learn fast on the job.
- Technical/ Engineering stores experience
- Attention to detail
- Flexible approach to problem solving with an ability to think on their feet
- Ability to work in a high paced team
- Demonstrate good interpersonal skills
- A self-starter able to work with minimal supervision
- Good organisational skills – capable of working quickly and accurately
Desirable Qualifications, Skills and Experience:
- University Degree or HND qualification
- Good Customer Service/Relations skills
- Good data analysis skills
- Collaborating and Partnering, Delivering Value for Money, Managing a Quality Service, Delivering at Pace
Starting Monthly salary – N234,033/month.
Other Benefits and Conditions of Employment
- Full time position, with core working hours between 8am – 4pm, Monday to Thursday and 8am – 1pm on Friday. However, the job holder will need to be flexible to respond to incidents and operational demands as the need arises.
Application Closing Date
10th April, 2019.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online
- Please complete the application form in full as the information provided is used during screening.
- Please check your application carefully before you submit, as no changes can be made once submitted.
- The British High Commission will never request any payment or fees to apply for a position.
- Employees recruited locally by the British High Commission in Abuja are subject to Terms and Conditions of Service according to local employment law in Negeria.
- All candidates must be legally able to work and reside in the country of the vacancy with the correct visa/work permit status or demonstrate eligibility to obtain the relevant permit.
- The responsibility lies on the successful candidate to:
- Obtain the relevant permit
- Pay fees for the permit
- Make arrangements to relocate
- Meet the costs to relocation
The British High Commission do not sponsor visas/work permits except where it may be local practice to do so.
- Employees who are not eligible to pay local income tax: e.g. certain third-country nationals and spouses/partners of UK diplomats will have their salaries abated by an equivalent amount.
- Information about the Foreign and Commonwealth Office Competency Framework can be found on this link: https://www.gov.uk/government/publications/civil-service-competency-framework Please note: AA=A1, AO=A2, EO=B3, HEO=C4, SEO=C5
- Reference checking and security clearances will be conducted on successful candidates.
- If you don’t already hold a valid SA Police Clearance Certificate, we recommend that you apply for the certificate at the time of your application.
Good luck as you apply. May the odds be in your favour.