La Sien Bottling Company Limited, an FMCG company that has been producing and distributing premium bottled water since 2010; and has a vision to “be available on every table in every locality”; requires the services of a Head of Finance to lead our dynamic team into the next phase of success for our business.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Safety Officer
- Draft, implement and manage HSE programs, policies and procedures.
- Assist in compliance reviews, general risk assessments, JHA and other safety assessments to support HSE management.
- Carry out impact assessments to identify, assess and reduce the company’s environmental risks and financial costs.
- Conduct security (threat) assessment; recommend and implement measures to mitigate identified threats.
- Maintain relevant HSE records and documentations.
- Assist in compliance with applicable safety laws and regulations.
- Prepare applicable HSE reports as necessary.
- Provide assistance and advice on HSES issues and make recommendations to management.
- Supervise the activities of outsourced security company and ensure that they act in line with the terms and conditions of their contract, including the provisions of any other security procedure as may be agreed upon.
- Supervise the activities of the waste management company and ensure that they act in line with the terms and conditions of their contract, including the provisions of any other waste management procedure as may be agreed upon.
- Promote and raise awareness, at all levels of the company on the impact of emerging HSE issues.
- Promote incident prevention for the benefit of employees and visitors.
- Participate in detailed incident investigations.
- Encourage safe working practices and correction of obvious hazards.
- Walk through the facility on a regular basis to establish HSES presence and provide support.
- Carry out routine inspections to ensure standard housekeeping in the various locations on site (factory, canteen, powerhouse, security house, Admin building, etc.)
- Conduct periodic HSES meetings/trainings, toolbox and drills according to schedule.
- Facilitate HSES induction and orientation.
- Evaluate PPE need and ensure proper use and maintenance of PPE.
- Coordinate emergency response efforts.
- Coordinate all aspects of pollution control, waste management, environmental health, energy conservation and renewal.
- Assist in monitoring programs such as LOTO (Lock out, tag out), hazard communication, hearing conservation, hot work, journey management, ergonomics.
- Manage HMO enrolment and administer retainer clinic contract.
- Applicants must have one year experience in safety jobs and must have studied basic safety courses.
N70,000 to N80,000 monthly.
Application Closing Date
5th April, 2019.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should forward their CV to: email@example.com the job title as subject.