Assumption Catholic Secondary School, a soon to be opened catholic owned Secondary School in Ogidi, Anambra State, is recruiting suitably qualified candidates to fill the position below:
Job Title: School Administrator
Job Level: Senior Level
- The School Administrator will be responsible for the operation and instructional leadership of the school.
- Train and supervises staff, set instructional objectives, and work to build a rapport with the church and parents.
- The School administrator will also be responsible for overseeing all the administrative duties at school, keep programs running smoothly and provide leadership at all time.
- Work with school leadership to implement strategies, policies, plans and initiatives that support the schools’ mission, support the implementation of academic and pastoral policies to ensure pupils receive the highest standards of education.
- Promote the mission and values of the school at all levels
Management of Staff;
- Supervise activities of the sectional heads/direct line reports. Ensure that the school is running optimally and all resource needs are available.
- Work with School Management and Human Resources to identify people resource needs and support staff recruitment.
- Motivate, coach and train staff at all levels to ensure continuous professional development.
- Lead designated staff meetings and programs. Monitor staff welfare etc.
- Maintain continuous lines of communication with school leadership and board of directors, keeping them informed of school operations, academic, social and extracurricular activities
Relationship with Church and Parents;
- Attend and participate in parent meetings.
- Ensure parents receive regular information about the school curriculum, their children’s progress and other matters via appropriate channels, respond to enquiries, complaints and queries from parents.
- Budgets, logistics, schedules, disciplinary actions, evaluations and public relations
- Codevelop academic programs, calendar and schedule
- Planning events and implementing curriculum
- Must ensure that the school follows regulations set by local, state and federal authorities
- Manage daytoday activities of the school
- Create instructional resources for use in the classroom
- Monitor students and teachers for progress
- Train, encourage, and mentor teachers and other staff
- Manage career counseling
- Administer record keeping
- Supervise teachers, counselors, librarians, and other support staff
- Maintain rapport with parents
- Handle tours and marketing
- Prepare budgets and annual reports
- Work actively with teachers to maintain high curriculum standards
- Formulate mission statements
- Establish performance goals and objectives
- Explain or answer procedural questions
- Hire, train, and evaluate teachers
- Visit classrooms and observe teaching methods
- Examine learning materials
- Review instructional objectives and adjust accordingly
- Meet with other administrators, parents, and community organizations
- Be a visible, positive presence in all areas of the school
- Minimum of B.Ed or any related field
- Must live around Anambra/Ogidi or be willing to relocate
- Must have a Catholic Educational backgroung
- Must be a Catholic
- Must have had not less than 5 years working experience in Education
- Attentive to details
- Service oriented
- Good at planning and organizing
- Empathetic and sociable
- Highly diplomatic
- Skilled in identifying problems and brainstorming potential solutions
- Excellent at written and oral communication as well as presentation
- Comfortable working independently and collaboratively
- Passionate about connecting with teachers and students
- Knowledge of the primary school curriculum
- Proficient in the use of MS Office
Application Closing Date
21st March, 2019.
How to Apply
Interested and quaified candidates should send in their CV to: email@example.com ONLY if you meet the requirements.
Note: Candidates must be catholic and have strong catholic educational activity/background.
Good luck as you apply. May the odds be in your favor.