Cuso International is an organization with a solid reputation in volunteer sending and international development, with a wide variety of placements that allow our volunteers to share their expertise and learn from the experience. Cuso is a trustworthy and effective organization that contributes to achieving development results and unlocking potential in the developing world.
We invite applications for:
Job Title: Information Communication Technology Advisor
Location: Cross River Nigeria
Start Date Apr – Jun 2019 (flexible)
Length of Placement 6 Months
Language Requirements English
English Reading: Level 5, Writing: Level 5, Speaking: Level 5
- We need an Information Technology Advisor to maintain the website of Girls’ Power Initiative (GPI), build on recent system improvements, and help develop current existing documentation practices.
- GPI’s focus is to assist young girls live healthy lives and achieve their full potentials, towards an empowered womanhood.
- It also includes assisting young girls to overcome the risk of early sexual activities, gender discrimination, Human Rights and contemporary social practices, adolescent/unintended pregnancies, sexually transmissible infections (STIs) including HIV/AIDS, unsafe abortion, all forms of sexual abuse and harassment as well as other forms of violence against girls and women and exploitation.
- As the IT Advisor, you will provide meaningful contributions to an organization that is making significant impact toward female empowerment and gender equality.
- Open to Canadian Citizens and Permanent Residents of Canada only
As a volunteer, you will:
- Maintain the intranet and external back up systems for official documentation
- Update website and support content management of social media platforms
- Design basic IT training guides for staff
- Assist GPI in developing systems, procedures, forms for collecting, storing, analyzing, measuring and reporting data
- Train and mentor GPI staff on effective data and knowledge management
Essential Academic Qualifications:
- A university degree in Business Administration, Computer Science, Information Management or related field
Essential Professional Background:
- Minimum of 2 years’ experience in database and knowledge management
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Understanding of participatory approaches and training skills
- Digital communication experience; social media and content development
Deadline: Not Stated
Application Procedure: All interested applicants should Click Here to apply.
Good luck as you apply. May the odds be in your favor.