The Governing Council of Hussaini Adamu Federal Polytechnic, Kazaure hereby invites applications from suitably qualified candidates to fill the vacant post of:
Job Title: Polytechnic Registrar
- The Registrar is a Principal Officer and shall be responsible to the Rector for the day to day administration of the Institution and
- shall perform such other duties as the Council, as the case may be and the Rector may from time to time require him to do. He/She shall be the Secretary to the Governing Council, the Academic Board and any other Statutory Committees.
- He/She must be loyal to CEO and Council and assist effectively in the running of the affairs of the Polytechnic.
Qualification and Experience
- Applicant should hold a good Honours degree minimum of Second Class Honours from a recognized institution of higher learning plus at least seventeen (17) years cognate experience; or a holder of Masters degree from a recognized Institution of higher learning plus at least fifteen (15) years cognate experience; or a holder of Doctorate degree plus at least twelve (12) years cognate in Tertiary Institution.
- He/She must have occupied the Deputy Registrar for a period of not less than five (5) years in a higher Institution of learning. In addition, He/She must he a Member of the relevant professional body e.g NIM, CTPMM etc.
- The Candidate must not be more than 59 years of age at the time of application and must be of good health/demonstrate versatility in the management of Staff and Students in tertiary Institution.
- He/She must be person of proven Integrity, Intellectually and professionally sound and knowledgeable in the Rules and Regulations of the Polytechnic system.
- He/She must also be vast in public Service Rules, Financial Regulations and Computer Literate.
Tenure of Appointment
- The appointment will be for five (5) years in the first instance and may be renewed subject to satisfactory performance for another period of live (5) years and no more.
Condition of Service
- The conditions of service for the post are the same as obtained in all Federal Polytechnics in the Country. In addition, the appointee shall enjoy any other benefits attached to the position of a Principal Officer of the Polytechnic.
The Salary package was similar to the approved package by National Salaries Incomes and wages Commission for Polytechnic Registrar of the Federal Polytechnic.
Application Closing Date
26th February, 2019.
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates should submit twenty (20) typewritten copies of their Applications and Curriculum Vitae giving information in the following order:
- Name in full name (Surname in Capital Letters)
- Date and place of Birth
- State of Origin
- Marital Status
- Number and ages of Children
- Present appointment with date and salary
- Current Contact Address with Telephone Number and e-mail address-
- Permanent home address
- Educational Institutions attended with dates
- Academic and Professional Qualifications with dates
- Membership of Professional Association/Bodies
- Community Service
- Mission Statement/Proposal on making the Registry meets its objectives
- Extra Curriculum Activities
- Names and Address of three (3) referees (Applicants should request the referees to send confidential reports on them directly to the Registrar via the below address “Marked Referee’s Report for the post of Registrar”.
Applications with Curriculum Vitae copies of all relevant credentials should be forwarded either by hand or post and should be marked at the top left hand corner of the envelop ‘the Polytechnic Registrar to reach:
Hussaini Adamu Federal Polytechnic, Kazaure,
P.M.B. 5004, Kazaure,
Note: That late application will not be entertained and only short-listed candidates will be contacted.
Good luck as you apply. May the odds be in your favor.