Young Readers Library – A book club that ignites the reader within your child, builds language, vocabulary, Comprehension among other skills.
We are recruiting to fill the vacant position below:
Job Title: Saturday Book Club Volunteer
Purpose of the Role
- To read to children, support them in completing their journals and perform other duties as assigned.
- Plan, organise and implement the Saturday bookclubs at our centres.
- Prepare and organise the set up of any equipment or resources for sessions.
- Assist the children with completing their journals
- Any other associated tasks as required for the role
- A minimum of 2 months commitment is required.
- A credible reference will be needed as the role involves interaction with children.
Skills & Experience Required / Desired:
- The ability to communicate effectively, verbally with library staff, other volunteers and members of the public, especially children.
- Previous experience of working with children and participating in children’s activities.
- Reliable, confident and responsible individual, with enthusiasm and effective interpersonal skills.
- The ability to cope with the duties and responsibilities of the post and the associated environment, including an understanding of health & safety.
- Corp members are encouraged to apply
- A one morning induction and introduction to the library and Library Services.
- Shadowing sessions with other library staff to gain confidence and knowledge.
- Transport Allowance will be given.
- Volunteer appreciation certificate will be given at the end of the volunteer service.
Application Closing Date
5th September, 2018.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should forward their Applications to: firstname.lastname@example.org