Methodist Church Nigeria – The Comprehensive Community Mental Health Programme (CCMHP) is a state-wide programme that is implemented by the Methodist Church Diocese of Otukpo in partnership with CBM International, the Benue State Ministry of Health and Human Services, Federal Medical Centre, Makurdi, and Benue State University Teaching Hospital. The programme is aimed at improved quality of life of people with psychosocial disability in Benue State through scale-up of access to quality services.
Methodist Church Nigeria, is currently recruiting competent persons for the position below:
Job Title: Project Administrative Assistant
Location: Otukpo, Benue
Contract duration: 1 year, with a possibility of renewal
- The Project Administrative Assistant will provide finance, secretarial and administrative management support to the project for the successful implementation of CCMHP.
- The Project Administrative Assistant will provide administrative support including providing receptionist services for CCMHP’s Head Office.
The Project Administrative Assistant will:
- Assist the Project Finance Team in maintaining an effective office filing system and managing the document courier service between CCMHP office and its partners as required.
- Support the Project team in ensuring stationery and other office consumables are available in the offices at all times.
- Assist the Project in providing logistics support for booking travel and accommodation for staff and Consultants, and in processing required travel authorizations.
- Provide support to CCMHP staff and Consultants in coordinating appointments, preparing and disseminating materials and in formatting technical documents, reports and presentations.
- In coordination with other Project team members, provide assistance in organizing and managing CCMHP meetings and workshops when required.
- Assist Finance Officer in maintaining the imprest account and replenishment of the account on time.
- Conduct periodic checks and reporting on office non-current assets allocated to project personnel.
- Ensure the safety and security of the office staff, assets and premises at all times.
- Supervise security guard services at CCMHP Head Office and report on activities.
- Coordinate with Office Assistants and Transport Officers in carrying out office administration and support duties.
- Supervise Office Cleaners to maintain clean and tidy office premises.
- Work with the Finance team in ensuring strict compliance of project personnel with internal controls.
Qualifications, Skills and Experience
The Project Administrative Assistant should:
- Possess a National Diploma or Higher in Office Management, Secretarial Studies, Accounting, English, Mass Communication or related field.
- Have at least one-year experience in an Administrative Assistant position with responsibilities as described above. Experience working with non-governmental organizations is an added advantage.
- Be fluent in any one of Benue State local languages and English Language.
- Demonstrate proficiency skills in use of Microsoft Office Suite including spreadsheet, word processing, and electronic mail.
- Be detail-oriented with excellent interpersonal and good oral and written communication skills.
- Be highly self-motivated, focused, disciplined professional with a drive and dynamism to work under pressure with competing deadlines, and possess the ability to make an immediate impact.
- Demonstrate ability to work under minimum supervision with resilience, prioritize tasks and take initiative.
- Have experience in managing the logistical aspects of workshops, training courses or meetings.
- Be results-driven and able to deliver on set targets with networking capabilities and able to manage competing priorities.
- Have prior experience in managing objectives with the customer in mind.
- Possess good record keeping skills.
Application Closing Date
4.00PM; 6th September, 2018.
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates should submit one page Application Letter (using the position reference as subject) clearly providing evidence of competences required for the job, with relevant copies of your credentials to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Alternatively, interested persons could submit hard copies of their applications and relevant copies of their credentials at the “CCMHP Office situated near the Archbishop’s House, Methodist Church Nigeria, Behind Jesus College, Otukpo”.
All applications must be addressed to:
The Project Coordinator,
Comprehensive Community Mental Health Programme,
Near Archbishop’s Office,
Methodist Church Nigeria,
- Include your valid telephone number, e-mail address and current contact address in your application.
- Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
- CCMHP is an equal opportunity employer offering employment without regard to race, colour, religion, gender, age, citizenship, or disability status whether physical, sensory or mental disability.