WACOT Limited is a part of TGI Group. Our businesses include rice milling, soya milling, production of fertilizer and agro-chemicals, sesame hulling which are exported to Asia and Europe, trading in grains such as maize, sorghum and groundnuts. We also support the production of crops such as soya, rice, sesame, cotton, and maize as part of our out-growers initiative. Our employees have the chance to develop highly rewarding careers while making contributions in their communities.
- Job TypeFull Time
- Qualification BA/BSc/HND MBA/MSc/MA
- Location: Ogun
- Job Field: Procurement / Store-keeping / Supply Chain
We seek a Procurement Specialist to be responsible for planning, directing and managing purchasing services, ensuring compliance with all regulations, policies and procedures.
- Manage all aspects of purchasing, providing consistency in carrying out the goals and objectives of the purchasing function; determines need for corrective actions on addressing matters outside normal operating procedures.
- Develop and authorize purchasing policies and procedures to ensure economy and efficient operations; recommend policy changes if appropriate.
- Research, develop, and recommend vendor commodities and services for personnel; determine supplier products and catalogs used in on-line requisition program; assure lowest total cost, best quality and service are met.
- Prepare specifications for the purpose of soliciting bids/proposals from qualified vendors; distribute invitations for bids/proposals, advertise and set bid/proposal opening dates; receive and evaluate bid for successful vendor; maintain file records
- Convert requisitions; issue purchase orders; approve ordering; distribute purchase orders to the appropriate
- Manage open purchase orders, assure timely low cost delivery and receive items in the data base; investigate problem receiving when appropriate.
- Investigate potential products, practices and services which will provide a reduction in operational costs to all areas of the business
- Advise staff on policies for purchasing and surplus, follow policies at all times.
- Cultivate & maintain positive vendor relations to achieve maximum cost savings, optimal performance & quality standards.
- Develop and maintain budgets for areas of responsibility ensuring spending within approved levels; monitor incoming vending sales.
- Perform assigned responsibilities, duties, and tasks according to established practices, procedures, techniques, and standards in a safe manner and with minimal supervision.
- Bachelor’s Degree preferably in an Engineering/ Technical discipline.
- Membership of the Chartered Institute of Purchasing and Supply (MCIPS)
- Ability to work to tight deadlines
- Planning and scheduling skills
- Excellent interpersonal skills, demonstrated ability to interact professional with a culturally diverse staff and vendors.
- Excellent written and oral communication in English
- Excellent Microsoft Office
Method of Application
Interested and qualified? Go to WACOT Limited career website on wacot.has-jobs.com to apply
Deadline: Not Specified